Thursday, December 2, 2010

[FanAccount] Kim Hyun Joong @ Changi Airport By Ariel Yu [10.12.01]

Credit: hyunniespexers.wordpress.com

Hi guys!

I’m just so psyched about KHJ arriving in Singapore tonight that I had to write this to you!

Upon reaching Terminal 2 at 8pm, I went to the customer service counter immediately to ask how I could get to the arrival hall to see our dear leader’s arrival. I was directed to the basement and before I even reached, from afar I saw this group of SS501 fans dressed in green shirts! Many have already arrived way before time to await upon Kim Hyun Joong’s arrival. Most were sitting right in front of the barricades waiting patiently and excitedly, chatting with their fellow Hyunnie fans. I decided to get myself a yogurt and sit at the yogurt shop to do my work before he arrived. HOWEVER! With so many fans anticipating his arrival in eagerness and much chit chatter, I could not get myself to work at all! Try as I might to concentrate with my macbook pro in front of me, with my iPhone plugged in to be recharged (all ready to take pictures and record the arrival of our wuri leader), I could not last more than 5 minutes sitting with my paperwork! i finished my yogurt really quickly and got myself up and waited next to this group of KHJ fans, standing right in front of the exit doors of the departure hall! It was then already about 9pm!

**

Time and again, I referred to the flightstats.com.sg website in Safari on my iPhone to check for his arrival time, even though I knew it was 9.20pm by heart (who didn’t?!!). But then I realized that the flight was delayed by about 13minutes to 9.33pm! I continued to wait with all the other fans. The time was now 10.07pm and he wasn’t out yet! There was this Face Shop promoter who tried to make the atmosphere warmer by going forward to ask the fans to show our support by screaming and also shouting out our love for him! Time was ticking and it was already 10.10pm but he was not out yet!

**

Random screams came from everywhere from time to time and whenever that happened, we would raise our phones and cameras all ready to click but we were disappointed time and again. At that point of time, I was about to give up after a long day’s work and waiting for more than an hour (I’m not a patient person I must say haha). Finally at exactly 10.28pm, he was spotted within the glass doors of the arrival hall!!! Deafening screams was all I could hear for the next 5 minutes. “KIM HYUN JOONG! KIM HYUN JOONG!” chanted everyone and I found myself chiming in with much eager and anticipation! He took some time before coming out of the glass doors and right before he exited, it seemed like he was preening himself, adjusting his beanie on his head before he came out to meet the fans.

**

More screams came just as he walked out the door. Along with him were his tall bodyguard wearing a blue tie, a few another noonas and the Face Shop people. He was wearing exactly what he wore when he left Incheon Airport for Singapore – a grey and black zip up hoodie, with a maroon beanie and his sunglasses. Just as he exited the glass doors, he waved to those of us who were right there at the exit and bowed to us two or three times! Such manners and appreciation from him was worth the wait! As I looked closely at the video that I recorded, I realized he is quite tall! Just slightly shorter than his bodyguard. And in a whoosh with his entourage following closely behind, he walked quickly to the main exit. Just at that happened, all his fans at the barricades ran after him towards the main exit! I wanted to catch another glimpse of him and of course I ran too! I was able to get as close to the van that the Face Shop promoters were going to leave in which was parked right in front of the car that picked up Kim Hyun Joong! However I could only see him for another brief 5 seconds just as he got in the car, closed the door and waved goodbye again! Amidst all that, some fans almost got hurt getting too close to the car that was moving off and security guards shouted at them.

**

What an eventful night it was! As I was on my way home in a cab, I could not help but keep beaming while watching the video that I recorded of him. Despite the fact that the video I took was so short, it was worth the wait just to catch a glimpse of him =) I cannot fall asleep tonight!

**arielyxt

No comments:

Post a Comment