Monday, June 21, 2010

[Fan account] My In Depth Account ‘Kim Hyun Joong’ @ Araneta Coliseum

Credit Azi767@lovekimhyunjoong.com

(spoiler – it is a novel, reading is not a MUST! Pardon the errors…)

Due to some “minor” prodding from me, my two friends decided to come watch the concert with me, we met up with Maldita and Lemondew and hang out for a bit in Taco Bell, sharing some stories about dramas, KPOP and JOONGBO addiction in general while eating burritos (I gathered I ranked first in my addiction to KPOP-proud pa daw ako na sabihin yun!). It was my first time to meet Lemondew (who's shy at first, but boy, I ended up laughing so hard while we were lining up in the entrance, she goofed a lot with one of my friend, Jo, who became hyperactive after I gave her two pieces of Frutos candy, so lesson learned, dont give sweets to adults/ahjummas before the concert, lest there will be a lot of hyperactive adults, including me of course, hahaha, PEACE tayo Lemondew, just sharing the fun we had yesterday ).

To continue the story, the line was not that long but we stood there for an hour and a half before we were let in so we tried to amuse ourselves. Neriz texted me saying she’s queuing at the other entrance, I tried to look for her and Alyn but then the rain came pouring in, not much I can do but to stay put. Another person (Eloi) joined us. She is an acquaintance of my friend (Ana Marie). Eloi is also a KPOP addict and a hard core Super Junior fan. She watched the Ukiss concert and she said that the VIP section for Leader's concert was a dance floor during the Ukiss concert and the attendees were mostly kids and teens who started to line up as early as 1 pm (wow those kids, they're unbelievable). She was prepared to watch the concert alone in the upper box, good thing my friend saw her and then she joined our queue.

Being bored to death while queuing , we amused ourselves by turning our attention to those concert patrons who are dressed to kill, clad in some unbelievably high stilettos, shoulder baring tops, short shorts, vampire inspired group (girls all in black and heavy make up, etc), we were wondering if we are attending a costume party (lol). But a few ladies from our line started shooting dagger stares at us we decided to behave ourselves, we are sorry to those innocent victims of our puns ( although they have no idea they were being subjected to it).

Finally the gates opened and we were let in one by one, Eloi was the first from our group and she literally runs to the stadium, she is a professional in finding good sitting location. And oh, going back to the candies, the guard at the gates took the whole pack from my bag, we are not allowed to bring food inside, which irks me and my companions (we were disappointed because those candies served as our energy booster and “lifeline” from boredom – an exaggeration by me of course ). Lemodew’s burritos suffered the same fate (lol).

Once inside the stadium at around 7:30 pm, we tested our cameras and binoculars (most are disposables though Lemondew brought a real one). I tried looking for Neriz and the Hyunnies banner inside the stadium. After she texted me to look out for the banner when she opened it, I finally spotted here, she was seated in the far left corner of the stage, from that angle it is kind of difficult to notice it much, so she moved a little (BTW, sorry we were not able to help Neriz carry the banner). I saw the PERFECT banner being tied at the lowerbox area but it seems they were not allowed by the security, I guess it’s the same with our Hyunnies banner.

Now, on to the performances.

Show started past 9 pm, one hour late. The lights and laser show was breathtaking, I enjoyed it more than the performance of the POP Girls who came in their sparkly costumes dancing cute and singing 3 of their songs. I think they lip synched their songs and the dance steps were KPOP copied, the girls are pretty and not without talents though they shed their costumes in every song (rated PG) and ended their performance in dressed in their skimpy costumes as a result. They got passive response from the audience (I guess this is because almost 80% of the audience came to watch Leader. I must admit I couldn’t care less about their performance, their songs are auto tuned and they did not even performed it live).

[Talk about BEAST and XLR8 performances]

* Now is the moment we’ve been waiting for, after the light went off, LIGHTSTICKS were turned on. We were chanting KIM HYUN JOONG! KIM HYUN JOONG! to the top of our lungs, I was on my feet, I looked down all the people below were on their feet, I looked left and side, people were on their feet, cameras ready, light sticks and other. People at general admission area are leaning excitedly, it was surreal, pandemonium unleashed when the voice announced KHJ name, my eardrums I think were damaged by the shrieks, my throat was hoarse from shouting and then HE appeared singing HAPPINESS IS looking like an angel clad in white walking in a cloud of smoke.

Now I really lost it, I shouted like there’s no tomorrow, I cant hear his voice because the shrieks were too loud. I tried to take videos but I was jumping and shaking and botched what was recorded on my camera, most of it recorded the ceiling (lol), then something happened to my camera, the sound came out like TIK.. TIK.. TIK.. hahaha.

It was very chaotic and exhilarating moment for me, then his face came on the big screen, he seemed shy, but he smiled coyly, waved here and there, the screaming became louder, my ears and throat hurt like hell, my heart beating fast, my eyes feasting on him, the adrenaline running through my veins, it was like being transported to a 4D dimension (lol).

Then his first song ended, some interviews which I cannot comprehend because it’s too noisy, lots of nonstop screaming. I didn’t understand a single word, and I don’t care, my eyes were FEASTING on him only, GOSH HE WAS BEAUTIFUL! Other than he forgot his wings, he really IS ANGELIC in white.

Then it was time for his second song, THANK YOU (he drank water first), another pandemonium of screaming ensued, he so much as breath a single breath and people began shouting like CRAZY. On some parts of his song, we tried to sing along, at least I know some of the words (lol), I recorded his performance and I heard myself in the background singing and screaming so I won’t share that video anymore (lol).

When it came to the high part of the song, I can see the veins in his neck and his passion while he was singing (his mood was alternating from shyness, passionate, sadness-aww, I know he missed his members, coy and some part, happy, like he was soaking in the energy that’s being given to him by the audience). I feel like I am in a trance then I came back to reality and the song has ended.

The interviewer and the interpreter came on stage, ask some questions which I didn’t understand again, (lol) then it’s time to give him a birthday cake ( Gelli De Belen brought it on stage, I didn’t see the other lady who came with her on stage, we sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY, some in English, others in Korean.
He blew the candles and then it’s time for his last solo which is PLEASE BE NICE TO ME…..!!!! OH is he going to rip his clothes? He drank water first then walked to the upper stage, camera focused on him , GOSH WHAT GORGEOUS BACK! Did a short dance break, song intro start, PEOPLE WENT WILD, can’t hear, cant think, can’t breathe.

WHEN HE DANCED, HE WAS LIKE A DIFFERENT PERSON! He lost all the shyness, his movements were so sharp and precise (SO PRECISE THAT I CANNOT FORGET THE INTENSE CROTCH GRABBING THAT HE DID !!!). Those people at the front was really in for a HUGE (lol) fan service, and of course everytime he exposed his shoulders and teased us with his gorgeous chest and shoulders ARANETA LITERALLY SHOOK!

And I was shaken to my core (HAHAHA).

During his dance, my eyes were on him, and I still can’t believe I’m seeing this live, this scene that I watched countless times in his videos, it’s happening in real time and I shook myself, I’m not dreaming. Sadly, no clothes ripping but I guess it is appropriate because there are kids and minors.

Then the song ended, he looked to the HEAVENS as if thanking the LORD, I really like that moment before he descended down the stage in all his magnificence with his back on us. People, including me were screaming wildly and chanting his name, we were left wanting more, we wanted an encore, the chant was so loud, then the song intro of HEAL THE WORLD and a kid went on stage, the final song of the concert, with the kids, BEAST, POP GIRLS, XLR8, LEADER and his back up dancers. Song is soothing and it slowly bring down the people’s adrenaline. Kids actions were so cute, BEAST is acting cute too, and then LEADER sang a part of the song (SCREAMING ENSUED AGAIN), then it was finished. They all said thank you and goodbye.

IT WAS OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment